14 Maintenance Tips To Keep Your Drainage System Blockage - Free
Having A Blocked Drainage System At Unexpected Times Is An Awful Thing To Deal With. It can lead to hazards like leakage, air pollution due to the collection of stagnant water in the drain, flooding, and even health hazards. The good thing is, your maintenance habits can prevent it.
Accumulation of grease, debris, tiny objects and intrusive tree roots cause drain blockage. While your house pipes may not be blocked, this is not indicative that a bigger clog is not happening in a different line. There
Why Let Your Drainage System Get Clogged Up When With These Fifteen Maintenance Tips, You Can Prevent It?
1. Get a plunger and use it - plungers work effectively on minor clogs.
2. Clean out debris in the drain by raising up the stoppers in your bathtub. Don't forget to rinse of the stopper thoroughly before putting it back in place.
3. If You And Your Family Shed A Lot Of Hair, Check For A Mesh Barrier To Prevent Hair From Getting Caught In The Drain. The same way you wouldn't put larger pieces of food in the sink, you should keep the same mentality when it comes to hair in the shower.
4. To prevent hair from accumulating in the drains, try brushing your hair ahead of a bath to remove broken strands.
5. Get a plumber to professionally install covers or debris catchers over your drains. When Getting Your Drains Cleaned, Use A Drain Cleaner That Is Anti - Bacterial And Which Is Not Corrosive.
6. To prevent root intrusions in your pipelines or clogging, don't plant trees or flowers close to your drainage systems.
7. If you get a yearly contract with a drainage company, then you will benefit from inspections and servicing of your drains, even if you don't need to call on them. Our Drainage Coventry company in Coventry can provide you with comprehensive maintenance. Educate your family about the benefits of maintaining your household's drainage system.
8. Steer clear of chemical cleaners. They make them spoil and rust.
9. You Have A Separate Dustbin For A Reason. Always dump trash in the dustbin.
10. Do not pour the following down the drain cosmetics, medicine, condoms, hair, gum, rice, meat, coffee, fat, oil and grease.
11. The only things allowed to go down the drain are; for your sink - water, and your toilet - water, urine and faeces.
12. Periodically, Do Some Easy Cleaning Of Your Own Using A Hooked Coat Hanger To Fish For Loose Material In Your Drains That Could Cause Future Blocking.
13. Pour hot saltwater down your sink from time to time to clear out accumulation of grease.
14. This is not a comprehensive list, as there are many other things you can do to maintain your drainage system. But, just ensure you avoid acidic solutions.
If you are having issues with your drainage system and you have tried all the aforementioned tips but to no avail and are not in a contract with a drainage company, don't apply too much force to your drain, as that can lead to damages you, of course, want to avoid. Instead of getting frustrated, contact a plumber as soon as possible. If you are a resident of Coventry, call the technicians at Drainage Coventry, to restore your drainage system to pristine conditions.